Axess-Tel MV440 3G Gateway Additional Information
This is a cellular device which enables Internet access in areas where land line internet is not available, but a good cellular signal is present. This is not a replacement for land line internet.
The MV440 3G Gateway provides Wi-Fi hotspot and 4 Ethernet port connections for in-building computers to connect to each other and the Internet.
To access the Internet with the Internet Gateway:
- Situate the device where there is a good cellular signal.
- Turn it on.
- Connect to the Wi-Fi hot spot or Ethernet ports.
Internet Connection Speed
Although this device allows 54Mbps Wi-Fi and 100Mbps Ethernet connect between internal network units the actual Internet performance will vary depending on a number of external and internal influences. The cellular EVDO Rev A maximum download speed is 3.1Mbps. Due to bandwidth sharing, distance from cell towers, and other variables that affect signal strength and data throughput the practical speeds are less.
If connected to an EVDO cell site:
- In good EVDO signal areas, this device will support practical download speeds between 1Mbps and 2Mbps, adequate for low resolution video streaming.
- In weak EVDO signal areas, this device will support practical download speeds up to 700Kbps adequate for web browsing and email. Signal strength can be improved by adding a high gain external antenna. See below for antenna options.
If connected to a 1X cell site
- In good 1X signal areas, this device will support practical download speeds between 80Kbps and 120Kbps, adequate for light duty web surfing and email.
- In weak 1X signal areas, this device will support practical download speeds up to 50Kbps, essentially dial up modem performance. Signal strength can be improved by adding a high gain external antenna. See below for antenna options.
Factors Affecting Performance
Distance from tower
- The further away from the tower the weaker the signal strength and the slower the data throughput.
- This can be improved by repositioning the device higher in elevation, closer to a window that faces the tower, or by adding an external antenna.
Time of day
- At certain times of the day the cell tower may experience heavier than normal use. During these heavy use periods the data throughput will be lower. Heavy use periods vary from site to site. Typical busy times are from 3pm to 6pm.
- In rural settings, the signal strength is usually best in the winter and weaker in the summer. This is due to foliage. The leaves on trees will reduce the signal strength, quality and thus the data throughput.
Data Authentification Jitter
- When the device is in the middle of good 1X coverage from one tower and good EVDO coverage on another tower it is possible that the device will flip back and forth between EVDO and 1X, which requires a full data authentication process. This process involves dropping the data connection on EVDO and reestablishing a data connection on 1X which introduces a significant and noticeable delay. If the connection bounces back and forth continuously then data throughput essentially comes to a halt causing page not found Internet errors. In this case the Internet connection is not practical.
- A possible solution is to move the device to a window facing the EVDO tower and adding an external antenna. The device prefers to maintain an EVDO connection so a high gain antenna could correct the problem.
- An antenna with a ground plain can be used in a residential, boat or RV setting. It can be pole mounted or drilled through the rough of the RV or Boat.
- Alternatively a magnetic mount antenna can be used, but it must be mounted on a steel plate (top of a fridge, microwave, metal roof, car roof...) This antenna uses the steel plate as the ground plain.
- Additional cable length and connector adapters may be required.
- In Thunder Bay; Lakehead Communications, CRC and TBComm all have experience with antennas and in improving signal strength. They have knowledgeable staff and often stock the necessary parts and accessories.
Click for more info.Business inquiries
1060 Lithium Dr, Thunder Bay
8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
807-623-8800 or 1-866-999-0626
8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday